Low Rating From Doctor

What do you do if you think your doctor has given you too low an impairment rating? In Connecticut you have the option of getting a second opinion from another doctor. This may be viewed as “doctor shopping” which is generally frowned upon by Commissioners. However, under certain circumstances, it may be worth pursuing. A better course of action may be to have your attorney write a letter to the physician, referencing the applicable guidelines, asking the physician to reconsider his or her impairment rating in light of the facts.

Leave a Reply